This question comes up a lot in the mouths of online casino players. The answer to this question is quite subjective, as slot machines at online casinos have an RTP that varies around 96%. RTP is a percentage of all of the money put into a slot machine that will be redistributed to players.
What will change a lot from one slot machine to another is its volatility. Volatility is the potential of a slot machine. The higher the volatility, the greater the gap between small gains and large gains. If the volatility is low, then this spread is reduced, and the slot machine will be more regular in its redistribution of winnings.
From a certain point of view, the best slot machine would be a slot machine with an above-average RTP (e.g. 98%) and very low volatility. This makes it possible to have regular gains but a greatly reduced potential for large gains.
From another point of view, the best slot machine would be a slot machine with a more or less average RTP with very high volatility. That is to say that the slot machine will make a lot of small wins, if at all, and will pay out very rarely. The potential of this kind of slot machine is very, very high and can make you win the jackpot.
We will focus on this second point for our article: Slot machines with enormous potential for earnings.
How Many Slot Machines are There?
When we talk about the differences between slot machines, different aspects come into play, including the type of slot machine:
- Slot machine with reels: This type of slot machine is the most common in the online casino market. It mirrors the pattern of old-fashioned slot machines that scrolled through reels of symbols with connecting lines.
- Grid slot machine: This is a new kind of slot machine; there is a grid where symbols cascade with connections depending on the number of similar symbols on the grid.
- Megaways Slot Machine: Megaways technology is a licensed technology developed by BigTimeGaming. They also develop slot machines on which they put their technology. In addition, they create partnerships with other slot machine publishers to implement their technology.
This technology is based on changing the number of Ways (with adjacent connections). You can reach hundreds of thousands of possible paylines. These Megaways are calculated based on the number of symbols that appear on the reels: the more symbols, the more Megaways and the higher the potential to win.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots: Here is another very famous case in slot machines. They are based on a common pot between all the players, and the player who obtains the required conditions (series of defined symbols) pockets the jackpot.
You link to this the possible types of connection on slot machines:
- Adjacent connections: This type of connection does not follow any predefined pattern; the symbols connect to each other by being one next to the other;
- Connection lines: These are lines predefined in the rules of the slot machine.
What also changes a lot from one slot machine to another is its design which a slot machine supplier creates. Each slot machine supplier has its own graphics and offers different things. But what is a slot machine supplier?
What is a Slot Machine Supplier?
You should know online casinos do not create that slot machines. And no, these are external licensed companies that create the slot machines from scratch, host them and make them available to online casinos in exchange for a percentage of the net gain that online casinos make on their slot machines.
These external companies are called “suppliers” or, more commonly, “providers.” There are hundreds of them, and each of these providers owns an average of a hundred slot machines.
The Slot Machines That Pay the Most
As we said in the introduction, we are going to talk about which slot machines pay the most according to their potential. Here are a top 10 of those slot machines that can pay off heavily:
- Dead or Alive 2 (max x100,000)
- Money Train 2 (max x50,000)
- Razor Shark (max x50.000)
- John Hunter and the Secrets of Da Vinci’s Treasure (max x48.000)
- Curse of the Werewolf Megaways (max x41.000)
- Book of Shadow (max x30,000)
- Dragon Tribe (max x27,000)
- Star Bounty (max x25,000)
- Sweet Bonanza (max x21,000)
- Gonzo’s Quest Megaways (max x20,000)
The Most Played Slot Machines
Many slot machines come out every week; some stand out and are played a lot by players. The ranking of the most played slots changes a lot every month. But there are three that remain on top since they were released and have been for years.
- Book of Dead by Play’n Go
- Netent Dead or Alive
- Steam Tower by Netent